Thursday, December 24, 2020


                   IT'S ALL ABOUT MY MAMA

                                             




If any of you have been around me for like 5 minutes..hahaha..you KNOW my Mama is my heart! Many years ago I painted a mural (border) in her dining room! When I was visiting her for a couple weeks in the summer, while I did my art shows, I decided to paint her a floorcloth! 

As it has been with all the floorcloths I have painted, to the best of my knowledge, no one ever put them on the floor. Mom left it rolled up in the closet for safekeeping. You guessed it; "That is just too pretty to walk on." Okay, you can do it your way.



Well, when she died my family asked if I wanted it and of course I said YES! Yes, it is on the floor here.



This is indicative of the work I did back then and still do, although I have taken a fancy to abstract (these few weeks) and am excited to create some "long-form" art.

Yes, I create commissioned art! I love creating these floorcloths and if this is what you fancy, just ask! I have created so many with so many themes so it is your pick! Ask me your topic/choice/theme and we can discuss it.


You can see some here (click the cloth)



Bette Shaw* Copyright * 2020* All rights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment